Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 issue occurs when your printer fails to communicate with your PC. There are various reasons known for causing the Brother Printer Offline issue. You give a print command, but nothing happens. Instead, you receive a status message that your printer is offline. Get to know the best ways in the blog to resolve the “Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline” issue.
Restart both PC and Printer
A simple reset can help to resolve minor issues, Turn off both Printer and Pc and switch it on the back again. See if Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 issue resolves.
Cross-check printer connections
Ensure that connection is proper by:
- If the brother printer is connected via USB cable, ensure that cable is connected properly. Also, the cable is not worn out, and the USB port is working properly.
- In case of a wired connection, just make sure the Ethernet port is connected properly to the printer. Also, make sure the router is working properly. You also need to see that the network signal on your Brother Printer is flashing for fixing the “Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline” concern.
- For Wireless printer, just make sure that WI-FI is connected to a PC network to fix the “Brother Printer Offline” issue.
Update printer drivers
Missing, obsolete printer drivers can cause the printer to go offline. It is best to update printer drivers to get rid of Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 issue. You can either update printer drivers manually or automatically. You can manually update printer drivers by visiting the Brother Support page.
You can also automatically update the printer driver by using Drive Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your printer, and Windows.
Make your printer default and disable Use Printer Offline option
Printer not set to default or if Use Printer option is enabled can cause Brother Printer Offline Windows 10. You need to check printer settings to see if the printer is set to default and Use printer Offline option is disabled.
- Go to the control panel and then to Device and Printers.
- Right-click the printer and select “See what’s printing.”
- A window will pop up. Choose the printer tab.
- Now select “Use Printer Offline” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the printer tab again and set the printer as default.
Restart printer spooler service
- Problem with printer spooler service can also cause your printer to go offline. To restart the printer spooler service and fix the Brother Printer Offline issue, Go to Service Manager > Scroll down and click on printer spooler service > Restart.
Got the solution? If you still do not have a clue to resolve the issue, you can connect with our experts at Brother Printer Support helpline to fix Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline issue.