Canon MX922 Printer –
Canon MX922 is one of the wireless range of printers from Canon. The in-built wi-fi feature in the printers enables it to print and scan virtually from anywhere in your home.
In addition to that, it also comes with Airprint(2), which will enable you to print from you iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices via wireless mode. It has a dual function panel, which gives the users an advantage of multitasking.
The printing quality is top notch and you can even use your phone to print out images.
What Causes The Canon MX922 To Show Its Status As ‘Offline’ –
We will explain all the possible reasons for the Canon MX922 Offline error. Most of the issues are easy to fix, and only take few seconds to minutes. And in some cases, you might have to ask for assistance from an expert over the subject.
Fixing the Canon MX922 Offline error –
If you are using the Canon printer with a computer that runs on Windows 7, you can use the following method to solve the issue.
- At the bottom left of your screen, you will see the Strat icon, click the icon and in the search bar, type ‘Devices and printers’. The ‘Devices and printers’ program under Settings will open up.
- When you see the printer icon, right click it. A drop down menu will be displayed on the screen. From among all the items on this drop down menu, choose the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Then choose the Canon printer tab. There is a check box right next to the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option. Uncheck this box.
The printer can then be used without any glitch. The use printer offline mode often forces the printer to stay in that same mode, which ultimately results in showing the ‘Offline’ status error.
If the operating system on your computer is Windows 8, Window 8.1 or Windows 10, you are recommended to follow these steps to fix the issue.
- Press and hold the ‘Windows’ logo on your keyboard. And type ‘R’ while holding the Windows key. Pressing these two keys together will prompt the ‘Run’ box to appear on the screen. Then, type in Control printers and select Ok further.
- When you see the printer icon, right click it and choose ‘See what’s printing’ from all the options from the drop down menu.
- On the next screen, select ‘printer’ from the drop down menu. There is a check box labelled ‘Use printer Offline’, uncheck this box. This Canon MX922 Offline issue has likely subsided.
The possible reasons for the error are –
Learning what causes the Canon MX922 Offline issue to crop up can help you understand the whole issue better.
- Overworked Printer –
You might be putting lots of work load on the Canon printer. If the Canon printer is overworked, it can cause some serious glitches in the system.
You are advised to take this extra load off the printer. Mere resting will help the Canon printer to solve the Canon MX922 Offline issue.
If the error has arisen because of an overworked printer, you can fix it without any hassle. In addition to removing the workload, you can also turn off the printer for some time.
- Outdated Printer Driver –
Printer driver is a piece of software on your computer that helps translates the programs on the computer into a language that the printer understands.
Keeping the printer drivers updated is one of the most vital functions on a computer. Upgraded printer driver will help the printer understand the commands sent to it by the computer. This reduces the chances of errors.
- Pending Work In The Printing Queue –
If you leave too much work in the printing queue, you can run into several issues, such as the Canon MX922 Offline.
Try finishing up the pending tasks in the printing queue before you put more of it.
If there are lots of tasks in the printing queue, the best ting to do is to cancel most of the tasks and allow your printer to lay idle for some time.
Turning off the printer for some time can help fix you the Offline status issue.
- Toner Insufficiency –
The Toner cartridge in your Canon printer might have run out of toner. Although the printer is programmed to indicate you of the ‘Toner insufficiency’ error, the printer might sometimes mix it up with the ‘offline status’ error.
Therefore, if you are facing the Canon MX922 Offline error for some time, you should take a thorough look at toner cartridge.
If the toner has dried off or is out, you should replace the old one with a new toner cartridge.
The above mentioned methods will help you fix the Canon MX922 Offline status error with ease. If you need our help with any if these points, you can reach out to our team. We are at your service day in and day out.