Brother provides the best printers for printing. Scanning and faxing. The compact printers get some real work done with their high speeds and superior quality printing. But when you receive printer offline message, the first thing that strikes your mind is Why is my Brother printer Offline ? The problem is not just with your Brother Printer, but it can arise with any printer brand. Know about various reasons and fixes for Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 problems in the blog below.
Various culprits responsible for Brother Printer Offline Windows 10
- Poor Printer Connections.
- Printer not set to default
- Pending Jobs in the queues
- Use Printer Offline option checked.
- Presence of more than one copy in Devices and Printers.
Verify Printer Connections
Verifying the printer connections is your first step towards resolving Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 issue.
- If you are making use of USB cable to connect your printer and PC, make sure there are no loose connections, and the cable is not broken. Also, check whether the wall socket is working fine.
- For Ethernet cable connectivity, see if the cable is connected correctly to the router/ access point. Restart the router once. Slow internet connectivity can also lead to network failures.
- In case you are using a wireless connection, make sure that the printer and PC use the same network. In case they are not on the same network, it can cause Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 issue.
Set your printer to default
Printing will not occur in case your Brother Printer is not set to default. Check whether your printer is set to default for resolving Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 issue.
- Go to control panel > Select Devices and Printers> See if your Brother Printer is checked > If not, Right-click on your Brother Printer > Choose set as default option from the drop-down menu.
Removing all pending jobs from the queue
It would be appropriate to cancel all unfinished jobs in the queue for resolving printer offline problem.
Right-click on your Brother Printer > Select See what’s printing > Choose cancel all documents> if the option is greyed out, select open as administrator > Provide the admin password> Click on Yes.
Disable Use Printer Offline option
You need to uncheck the Use Printer Offline option , if checked
Right click on your Brother Printer > Select See what’s printing >Choose Use Printer Offline option (If checked)> if the option is greyed out, select open as administrator > Provide the admin password> Click on Yes.
Select a copy of printer that is working
In case there is more than one copy of your printer, select the copy of the printer that is working. The multiple copies get created due to the following reasons.
- If you have installed the same printer more than once.
- In case you change the USB port to which Brother Printer is connected.
To resolve the Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 issue, select the copy of the printer that is working.